Saturday 1 January 2011

The first day of the year

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!!!
The old year has gone, let good memories follow us in the new year and leave the dull ones behind.
Don't regret too much your mistakes, but don't forget them as they're your teacher.


I just spent my first day of the new year with my family. We had an abundant lunch together, me, my husband, my kid and my in-laws. I cooked the lentils because the Italian believes that lentils bring money, so we had had a full bowl of them! If I had been with my mother, she would have bought me a new t-shirt or something new to wear because the Chinese believes that they should wear a new piece of clothes to make a good start of the year. Well, I just wore my new overcoat yesterday, perhaps I should have worn it today! However, this doesn't count that much. Each folk has its own beliefs because it's a kind of mental support.

Our first guests of the year who came to visit us are an old friend of my father-in-law and his wife. They're very kind and nice. I knew them for the first time a little bit before my first Christmas in Italy. My little child was still a baby. They invited all our family at their restaurant the day after Christmas (Santo Stefano's Day). That Christmas I had another good memory; that is my dear friend who came to stay with me during her holidays. She was studying in France. It's been 10 years ago.

I spent my New Year's day with a good company. It's a good start because we caught up so many things (the last time we met was few years ago) and we've laughed a lot :-D

That's all for now. Another (extra)ordinary day of mine is going to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are precious to me ❤